Author: Green Eyed Monster |
Size: 3.2 Mb |
Requires: Win All |
License: Freeware |
Downloaded: 4151 Times
#1 - #2 - #3 - #4 - #5
The original game, for the ZX Spectrum, was published by Microsphere Computer Services Ltd in 1983. Crash magazine gave it 93%, I saved up my pocket money and bought it from Woolworth's on the high street.
The Your Sinclair Official Top 100 only puts it at number 88, but says; "Your motorbike riding hero took such spectacular dives when you crashed him into a double-decker bus that it was well worth losing a life or five to see it."
It's that aspect that I've tried to concentrate on in the remake!
Gameplay is the same as the original, except that you don't press up/down to take different routes, you just press space to change lanes, which affects where
you go. The 'real' dynamics engine means that the way you ride your bike is a bit different (don't brake too hard!) but I hope I've kept it in the spirit of the original. And there is RAT (Rider Assistance Technology) to help control the bike.
* Ride right and find the Ghostrider.
* Then ride left and be the first to finish.
* Avoid animals.
* Jump cars and buses.
* Pick up Jerry cans, or run out of fuel.
* Watch out for pipes across the road (especially at junctions).
* Collect 'ghost' wheels for bonus points.
* New levels are automatically unlocked.
* The best score is remembered for each level.
Left/Right - Brake/Accelerate (depending on which way you're facing).
Space - Change lanes.
Enter - Select item (on menu screens).