Author: Professor AI |
Size: 1.04 Mb |
Requires: Win All |
License: Freeware |
Downloaded: 2090 Times
#1 - #2 - #3 - #4 - #5
This is a Chinese child's puzzle of 6 asymmetric pieces, which form many suggestive animal shapes. Solving them is a nice mental exercise for ages 5-50. 38 puzzles are included (unzip all files into one directory), and you can make and share your own. I originally implemented it in 20 rules of KNP, with the elegant and hard parts being:
1) Moving, rotating, and dropping pieces with the mouse
2) 45 degree rotations which correctly aligned by pixel
3) Solution detector which admitted any correct configuration using parallel processing
4) Pre-storing 32 different puzzles in one object.
There was no drag and drop, so the pickup and putdown are done with a left click. Rotation by a right click, and "Flipping" done with the Enter key, or by colliding with a Mirror on screen.
I include the original puz32.gam file which loads now in TGF.
Because I was so roundly critized for my last game Onsteroids, I decided to update it with:
5) hybrid mouse/keyboard cursor control (difficult)
6) load arbitrary puzzle from file
7) create and save new puzzles to share!
8 ) best-time saved with each puzzle to create competitive challenge
9) secret powerful keyboard commands.